The goal of the Watauga Innovation Academy admissions process is to select and admit a diverse and highly motivated group of students who have a genuine interest in the pursuit of this unique and rigorous program. Before completing the application, please review the information below. If you have any questions, please see your school counselor or a WIA Representative before completing this application.
Is the WIA the right place for you?
- Watauga Innovation Academy is a three - four-year program and requires a commitment to the course sequence.
- Students commit to completing a high school diploma and dual community college credits.
- Students often work in teams on projects and presentations.
- Learning is assessed through many different avenues as well as by standardized testing.
- Students may participate in off-campus learning activities; in which participation would be required.
- College classes for Watauga Innovation Academy students hold the same expectations, content, and levels of rigor as for traditional college students.
We understand and accept the above information as it may apply to myself/our son or daughter. We understand that the Watauga Innovation Academy requires a substantial commitment and that signing this document is an agreement of commitment to this college-credit earning program.
We understand that Watauga Innovation Academy students are subject to all applicable policies set forth by Watauga County Schools and Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute. WIA students are subject to the same registration policies as WHS students. While every effort is made to ensure that students make it into all the necessary courses, registration in all requested courses is not guaranteed.
CCC&TI Student Permission:
I hereby give permission to release all grades and educational information to the Watauga Innovation Academy and individuals listed on this application.
Student Transportation Release
I will be responsible for providing my own transportation for courses located on the college campus, if it is not provided by the public schools. I accept full responsibility for my action to and from the college and will not hold Caldwell Community College or the school system responsible for any accident, injury or damage occurring during transit.
I certify that the information on this application is correct. I agree to abide by the rules, policies, and regulations of Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute during my enrollment at the college and in the Watauga Innovation Academy.